Every Christmas (post present opening, Christmas dinner and afternoon nap) we have a tradition to meet up with another family. We have all grown up together and each year, alternating between our 2 houses, the routine remains the same – more presents, lots of chocolate then GAMES!
One of the ‘kids’ (we are now all grown ups but still refer to ourselves as the adults and the kids) is a big fan of playing games…you know who you are Soph!
As the designated ‘game selector’ she has come up with some legendary options in past years – the humming game probably remaining king of them all in the hilarity stakes.
This year we played Family Fortunes, a version of the 1980’s TV show.
Why am I telling you this…? It’s because today’s blog comes in the form of Family Fortunes!
So “if I asked 100 people to name something to do to keep yourself entertained with no electricity and on a rainy day in a very remote town in northern Sri Lanka?”….our survey said…..
1. Read a book – definitely the number 1 answer!
2. Cook some food (only if you have a gas cooker)
3. Write your blog (offline of course because no power = no internet)
5. Listen to music (until laptop / speaker / ipod batteries run out)
Answers for which you would most certainly NOT get points for…
1. Surf the internet
2. Watch TV
3. Go for a walk (when it rains it RAINS here)
4. Bake a cake (I might have a gas cooker but the oven part is electric!)
If you’ve got any bright ideas, answers on a postcard please!